New benefit option for virtual healthcare
For your employees, finding time to visit the doctor for minor issues can be a hassle. IHCA has partnered with HealthiestYou, a subsidiary of Teladoc Health, to provide members with a virtual healthcare benefit you can offer your employees and their families.
HealthiestYou offers the following features:
- Provides 24/7 access to doctors via telephone or video call. The board-certified doctors are available at a $0 consultation fee for minor and uncomplicated issues. If necessary, a prescription will be sent to the employee’s pharmacy of choice. In addition, an expert second opinion through Best Doctors (a Teladoc Health company) can be added to address more serious issues.
- Reduces employee absenteeism with easy scheduling. Employees no longer need to schedule a doctor’s appointment days in advance, visit the ER for minor issues or spend time in a waiting room, exposing themselves to new illnesses.
- Makes it easy to find nearby doctors. If your employee needs to see a doctor in-person, they can use the HealthiestYou mobile phone app to find nearby doctors, as well as dentists and other providers.
- Gives cash vs. insurance pricing comparisons. The app also lets users compare cash versus insurance pricing for common procedures. Plus, real-time connectivity to more than 450 insurance carriers gives users up-to-date coverage information, deductible tracking and benefit summaries.
- Provides savings on prescriptions. The app’s price comparison engine can save users up to 85 percent on prescriptions by locating the cheapest prices.
Teladoc Health can also serve residents in assisted living programs, independent living communities or at home, and has potential to be used as a solution for assisted living providers that share nurse coverage with a nursing facility.
Click here for more information on HealthiestYou employer pricing.
To view a demo on how HealthiestYou and Teladoc Health can benefit your employees, contact Greg Brown at 469.999.8549.
For more information on this IHCA member benefit, contact Cindy Baddeloo, SVP & COO, at 800.422.3106.