IHCA Excellence Awards deadline Friday
The IHCA Excellence in Long Term Services and Supports (LTSS) Award is a great way for the outstanding people within your organization to be recognized for their continued dedication to providing quality services and supports. Organizations’ administration, department heads, staff, residents and vendors are invited to nominate the individuals who make a difference in their organization! All organization members - nursing facilities, assisted living programs, home care providers, residential care facilities and senior living communities are encouraged to submit nominations.
Before submitting a nomination, be sure to review the updated requirements. Nominations must be submitted using the online application by Friday, August 17, 2018. To access the nomination materials, click on the award heading links below.
Excellence in LTSS Leadership Award
This is for distinguished leaders in LTSS. IHCA accepts nominations of Administrators/Directors and Directors of Nursing at nursing facilities, assisted living communities, home health/private duty agencies, residential care facilities and independent senior living communities.
Excellence in LTSS Service Award
This award recognizes outstanding employees - supervisors and staff members - in these departments:
- Activity Services
- Administrative Services
- Dietary Services
- Environmental Services (housekeeping, maintenance or transportation)
- Nursing Services (RN/LPN)
- Social Services
- Therapy Services
Excellence in LTSS Caregiving Award
Candidates eligible for the LTSS Caregiving Award are:
- Certified Nurse Assistants
- Certified Medication Aides
- Home Health Aides
- Rehabilitation/Restorative Aides
- Universal Care Providers
Excellence in LTSS Volunteer Award
IHCA will consider nominations for adult, youth and group volunteers:
- Adults: Individuals 20 years of age or older who have volunteered in a member organization for at least one year prior to being nominated.
- Youth: Individuals 12-19 years of age who have volunteered in a member organization for at least one year prior to being nominated.
- Volunteer Groups: A distinct organization (such as Boy and Girl Scouts or a church group) that has provided group volunteer services or participated in a series of activities with a member organization’s frail or elderly for at least one year prior to being nominated. Two people informally volunteering together do not constitute as a group and will not be considered.
For tips on how to submit a great nomination, see our Tips for Completing IHCA Excellence Award nominations.
Questions can be directed to Claire Seely, IHCA VP, Public Relations and Member Communications. Nominators and selected recipients will be notified by August 31, 2018. Recipients will be recognized at the IHCA Annual Convention & Trade Show at the Des Moines Downtown Marriot on October 1 or 2.