June 25, 2019
8:30 a.m. Registration/Continetal Breakfast
9:00 a.m. HCBS Elderly Waiver
11:45 a.m. Lunch (provided)
12:15 p.m. HCBS Elderly Waiver
3:00 p.m. Adjourn
The focus of this class will be a review of the Medicaid Home and Community Based Elderly Waiver Program. Participants will gain knowledge on what HCBS policies and procedures facilities are required to have in place, the requirements for staff training, how to properly complete the service documentation, and an understanding of the billing protocol. There will also be a review of the programs and services generally received under the elderly waiver program and the role of Iowa Medicaid Enterprise and MCOs will be discussed.
The training will help administrators, business office staff, social workers and reimbursement coordinators understand the Medicaid HCBS Elderly Waiver Program and how to develop a fee structure to allow tenants access to Medicaid programs.
- Describe the HCBS Waiver Program provider requirements
- Identify the policies needed to provide Medicaid programs
- Discuss the staff training requirements
- Review how to properly complete service documentation
- Describe the billing process for HCBS Elderly Waiver and the coordination of benefits with other payers (third-party liability (TPL) or other insurance, Medicare)
- Discuss the role of Iowa Medicaid Enterprise and MCOs