May 21, 2019
8:30 a.m. Registration/Continental Breakfast
9:00 a.m. Medicare Review
11:45 a.m. Lunch (Provided)
12:15 p.m. Medicare Review continues
3:00 p.m. Adjourn
Ever changing rules and regulations, documentation, training…let’s face it; dealing with Medicare is confusing and complicated. This Medicare training program will help. Nursing facility Administrators, Directors of Nursing, Medicare Coordinators, and office managers will benefit from this up-close look at Medicare. This class will focus on SNF level of care requirements, preadmission screening, facility expense, billing requirements, and Medicare reimbursement including deductible, co-insurance, RUG-IV, and the appeal process.
- Explain the importance of proper documentation.
- Identify the current reimbursement models found in the long term care setting.
- Identify the information to include on the admission sheet.
- Describe the different assessments, and how to do each one.
- Identify the proper way to enter accurate Medicare charting, and what is involved in the type of charting.
- Describe billing differences between Medicare Part A and Part B services.