THIS WORKSHOP IS SOLD OUT. PLEASE REGISTER FOR THE ICD-10 CODING WORKSHOP SCHEDULED ON MARCH 14 - 15, 2019
Schedule for Both Days
March 12 - 13, 2019
8:30 a.m. Registration/Continental Breakfast
9:00 a.m. ICD-10 Coding Workshop
11:45 a.m. Lunch (Provided)
12:15 a.m. ICD-10 Coding Workshop
3:30 p.m. Adjourn
Starting now, organizations should focus on honing staff ICD-10-CM coding skills which will be critical under the new PDPM reimbursement model. Nurses and coding professionals in long term care will play a key role in the new reimbursement process by providing accurate coding and complete documentation.
This two-day workshop will offer training on coding terms, official coding guidelines, basic coding knowledge, coding case studies for each chapter in ICD-10-CM, and education on diagnosis management. The training consists of a case study method to give learners diagnostic coding training and experience using real-world clinical resident examples to code an entire case from beginning to end. This method will allow the attendees to understand coding in a workshop type environment processing case studies within each chapter.
- Explain definitions of coding terminology
- Identify official coding guidelines
- Demonstrate the ability to assign correct medical codes
- Utilize resource materials for accurate coding
- Discuss the basis of diagnosis management
- Describe how ICD-10-CM coding affects the MDS and billing