IHCA Education Center
1775 90th St.
West Des Moines, IA
8:30 a.m. Registration OPEN/Continental Breakfast
9:00 a.m. H.H. Reimbursement Conference
11:45 a.m. Lunch (Provided)
12:15 p.m. H.H. Reimbursement Conference
3:00 p.m. Adjourn
Since the changes in the payment methodology in Iowa, home health agencies have experienced a drop in their Medicare reimbursement. With Medicare reimbursement procedures becoming more and more complex, this education will help you understand how the pieces fit together to ensure you capture the Medicare reimbursement your agency deserves.
“Deep dive” into new proposed rates for 2019 & 2020
The conference will also include an overview of the “just released” proposed Medicare Home Health Rules. Included in these rules is the proposal for 2019 payment rates along with its proposal for the new payment model that would start in 2020. In the 600-page proposed regulation, it appears that the 2020 model is a modestly adjusted and “warmed-over” version of the highly criticized Home Health Groupings Model re-labeled as the Patient-Driven Groupings Model. Come learn what the future reimbursement landscape will look like and how it could affect your agency.
This conference will cover Medicare reimbursement from top to bottom, including:
- How our PPS works, including the actual impact of timing, therapy and OASIS
- How to ensure you get paid what you deserve, including QA tips and tools
- What triggers a payment audit (and who those auditors are)
- How to avoid/survive a payment audit
- Your rights to make appeals
- The future of Home Health payment- HHGM, pre-claim, HHVBP, IMPACT Act, ACOs