TWO TOPICS OFFERED
N.F. Requirements of Participation
Speakers: Mary Jane Carothers, Bill Nutty
2 hours of CEUs for: Nurses, Social Workers, Department Heads, NF Administrators
2016 marks the first time in more than 20 years that CMS is significantly changing the Requirements of Participation for nursing centers that drive the survey process. IHCA will detail the significant changes in the requirements and help to prepare you to implement them in your Iowa nursing facility, including use of the AHCA templates for implementation. Attendees will leave this session with tools and practical plans to begin implementing the new requirements in their Iowa nursing centers.
- Identify key changes to the Requirements of Participation that will impact nursing centers
- Discover the relationship and practice intersection between key changes to the Requirements of Participation and other changes that are impacting nursing centers
- Assess their nursing center for readiness to implement key changes in the Requirements of Participation
- Prepare their nursing centers to meet the expectations to the key changes in the Requirements of Participation
Policies and Procedures Needed to Run Your Dietary Department
Speaker: Barb Thomsen, CDM, CFPP
2 hours of CEUs for: Dietary Managers, NF Administrators, Assisted Living Managers
Developing proper Dietary Department policies and procedures is crucial for Dietary Managers to effectively manage their departments food preparation and safety, menu planning, work flow, staff training, food and supply purchasing, sanitation, and much more while also meeting the federal and state regulation requirements. This session will help you coordinate your systems, processes and more importantly follow the state and federal guidelines for your LTC/AL Nutrition Department. Evaluating your current systems will help to create better policies that can assist training your staff, and show possible areas needing quality improvement, supporting your facilities QAPI processes.
- Understand how to develop procedures to manage dietary department functions
- Describe policies for state and federal compliance
- Gain knowledge of QAPI involvement for departmental process improvement