April 28, 2016
8:30 a.m. Registration/Continental Breakfast
9:00 a.m. Infection Prevention and Control in Long Term Care Settings
Speakers: Sheryl Marshal, Kate LaFollette, and Chris Barten
This training program will review a comprehensive approach to a facility-based infection prevention program, including numerous practical tips and clinical advice for successful implementation. Learning Objectives:
- Identify the infection control regulatory requirements.
- Discuss how to develop a comprehensive infection prevention risk assessment and program.
- Explain infection surveillance and reporting best practices.
- Describe nursing assessment and interventions to prevent the most common infections in LTC.
- Summarize occupational health, immunization programs, and staff education.
- Describe workplace practices to protect facility residents from healthcare-associated infections.
- Discuss workplace practices designed to minimize the risk of healthcare workers’ occupational exposures to infectious diseases.
- Explain the difference between Standard Precautions and transmission-based precautions.
- Identify healthcare-associated situations requiring enhanced infection control precautions.
11:45 a.m. Lunch (Provided)
12:15 p.m. Infection Prevention and Control in Long Term Care Settings - continues
1:30 p.m. Break
1:45 p.m. IV Certification Requirements for Long Term Care Facilities
Speaker: Alisha Eggers
This session will review the prerequisites and professional certification requirements to administer IVs in long term care settings.
- Regulatory requirements
- Who Needs IV Certification
- Certification Training Options
- What Types of IV Certifications are Available
- Management of IV Inventory and Supplies
- Billing Options
3:00 p.m. Adjourn