Program Description and Information
The focus of this program is to provide the essential components of a well-balanced assisted living management program.
The Iowa Center for Assisted Living Association provides this Iowa Assisted Living Manager certification program. This management course will prepare you to develop services and procedures that reflect assisted living values and comply with Iowa certification rules. Discussion of emerging issues will assure that your services comply with regulatory intent.
This in-person five-day program offers a unique opportunity to learn about best practices from a variety of management companies, consultants, and State agencies (Dept Inspections & Appeals, Public Safety, Homeland Security) as well as industry and legal experts. It focuses on understanding values-based program concepts and practical implementation of critical resident services. This course will prepare you to develop services and procedures that reflect home and community based care values and comply with licensing rules.
The program material includes: a Comprehensive Resource Manual, Current Guide to Iowa’s AL Rules & Regulations, and CEUs for administrators and nurses, continental breakfast, and lunch each day.
Why earning your certificate in Iowa Assisted Living Management is important:
- Meets the Iowa regulatory requirements for AL Managers and Delegating Nurses.
Provides comprehensive knowledge and resources on the role and process of Iowa’s Assisted Living Administration.
- Validates your knowledge and recognizes your successful completion of this comprehensive curriculum in Assisted Living Management.
- Provides you with the latest information, both national and Iowa state specific from in-person experts.
- Advances your skills and knowledge in the critical components of Assisted Living Management in Iowa.
Important benefits from earning your Iowa Assisted Living Management Certificate:
- A comprehensive understanding of the AL Management role, processes, and procedures in Iowa.
- Knowledge of current AL Management trends.
- A certification process that identifies and honors administrators and managers who are performing at an advanced level of skill and knowledge.
- Prepares you to develop services and procedures that reflect assisted living valves and comply with certification rules.
Who Should Attend: Managers and delegating nurses from your community will benefit from this program. Whether you are new to health care, or simply new to the assisted living continuum, this course will give you the skills and confidence needed to manage your community successfully.
How do you earn the Iowa Assisted Living Management Certificate?
Successful completion of the “Iowa Assisted Living Management Certification Program” 5-day course requires attendance at all sessions and an 85 percent or higher score on the post-test.
In order to ensure continued competency, certified participants must renew their certification every two years. Certified participants will be notified when the renewal date is approaching. Renewal is accomplished by annually completing 10 hours of ICAL approved continuing education in the area of assisted living management or administration.